The view from Beaumont House – December 2007
In October 2006 the first guest arrived at Beaumont House. What an event that was after all the planning, renovation work and finally the furnishings! And now already it’s over a year later – and in that time we’ve had the privilege of hosting guests from all over the world – some 12 nationalities in fact.
We’ve had some fantastic guests, several of whom have even been back already, or have booked to return. The press seem to like us as well – the latest feature on us was in the UK Sunday Express (26 August 2007) which said “It’s Cape Town’s latest five star addition and is definitely at the chichi end of boutique ……….…the five super-luxe suites are totally individual, with bespoke furniture, sophisticated colour schemes, sexy accessories and even giant photographs of Bette Davis checking you out while in the super-size bathrooms”
Although we have been fully booked for Christmas and New Year for many months, we have some availability from mid-January onwards if you are thinking of staying with us.
What’s coming up?
Upcoming events in Cape Town over the next few months include:
- January 13 Elton John concert at Newlands Cricket ground (for which we have tickets for our guests)
- January 25 cricket ODI at Newlands SA vs. West Indies
- February 23-29 Design Indaba Expo
- March 9 Cape Argus PicknPay cycle tour
- March 20 Josh Groban concert
- March 22 Old Mutual Two Oceans marathon
- March 27-29 Cape Town International Jazz festival
Jottings from the guest book
- “Our sixteenth visit to South Africa. Your hospitality and the superb accommodation have made it the best. See you next year” Couple from England
- “Our first time in South Africa – started with an unforgettable stay, we felt at home the moment we walked into your beautiful house. Such a warm welcome, fantastic service and a lot of attention for our son. We will be back” Family from Holland
- “This place is fantastic. Gill and Peter looked after us superbly. The room was lovely and comfortable and the décor is out of this world. We will be back!! Thanks” Couple from NW England
- “Elegant and a treat for the senses. We were made to feel comfortable, surrounded by warmth and a feeling of calm. Stunning. Thank you” Couple from New York
- “This is probably the most delightful place I have ever stayed in. service outstanding! Fabulous staff! Gill and Peter, what a pleasure! Oh ……the lemon curd and scones. The ultimate divine palate pleasure” Couple from New Zealand
- “Stunning! Loved the décor and big bedroom and bathroom. A definite must for your wedding night. We did!!! Thank you so much” Honeymooners from Cape Town
A Rolls Royce of a story……
Before going overseas on business, Jack drove his Rolls Royce downtown to a New York City bank and went in to ask for a loan for $5000. The loan officer, naturally, requested some collateral, and Jack offered the keys to the Rolls. The loan officer had the car taken to the underground car park at the bank, and authorized the loan. Two weeks passed and Jack arrived back from his trip, turned up at the bank and asked if he could settle his loan and get his car back. “That will be $5000 in principle and $15 interest” said the loan officer. Jack wrote out a cheque for the exact amount. The loan officer said “while you were away I googled you and found out that you are a multi-millionaire – why in the world would you need to borrow $5000?” Jack smiled and said “Where else could I park my Roll Royce in New York safely for two weeks and pay only $15?”
Makes you think doesn’t it?
Our very best wishes for the festive season, and health and happiness for 2008!
Peter and Gill
PS for those of you in the UK, check out features on Beaumont House in the Tatler Travel Guide 2008 and House & Garden’s Gourmet Travel 2008!
View archived newsletters:
Please enter your email address below to be placed
on the newsletter mailing list.